What we do
Business success is largely based upon superior human relationships. When these relationships need to be built with people from differing cultural backgrounds, we can help.
Culture Connect provides intercultural training, coaching, & education consulting to help people work and live more successfully across cultures.
Why Culture Connect?
- Ellen and Don have combined international experience of over 16 years on 5 continents.
- Don and Ellen are focused on business results; recognizing that business results come from skilled, knowledgeable, motivated, and well-adjusted employees.
- We work well with the diverse needs of HR, functional groups, management, the traveling business person and the expatriate and their family.
- We are actively involved in business and professional associations.
- We take pride in being professional, reliable, flexible and innovative.
- Programs are customized to suit the individual needs of the client.
- We have an extensive network of highly experienced country experts to draw upon.
- Our integrated expatriate family programs are unique and effective.
- Education consulting adds an additional layer of integration
- Don and Ellen have had the varied experiences of being expatriates as single people, and as a married couple without children, with toddlers and with young teens.
Your organization benefits from employees being able to more effectively accomplish business objectives across cultures. We have programs for everyone in your organization who has direct or indirect contact with international colleagues. This may include:
- Multi-cultural teams
- Senior management
- Expatriates and families
- Short-term business travellers
- International negotiators
- Domestic staff with international responsibilities
- Staff working domestically with culturally diverse colleagues
- Inpatriate (in-coming) foreign colleagues & families
- Returning expatriates and families
- Recruiters of a diverse workforce.
We are proud to serve some of the world’s largest international companies. Small and medium-sized businesses are also among our valued clients.
Clients for cross-cultural services have included Agrium, Alberta College of Art & Design, AltaGas, the American Management Association, Aquila Networks, ATCO Group, BP Canada, Brookfield Intercultural, CGA of Alberta, Canadian Institute, Chevron, CNPC, Columbia College, ConocoPhillips, DuPont Canada, Enbridge, EnCana, Griffiths Energy, Harvest Energy, Husky Energy, Immigrant Services Calgary, IMV Projects, Infonex, Intercultures Germany, Jacobs Engineering, GNPOC Sudan, Mabe Canada, Nexen, NHK Japan, Petro-Canada, Petrominerales, Petronas, Precision Drilling, Renaissance Energy, Shane Homes, Shell, Silvera, SMED, SNC Lavalin, Spartan Controls, StatOilHydro, Sterling Homes, Suncor, Talisman Energy, Total E&P Canada, TransAlta Mexico, TransCanada, Telvent, United Safety, Waste Management, Vermilion Energy, VRV Global, and WesternZagros
Please contact us, if you wish to receive references on our work.